Friday, April 4, 2008

On a Brighter Note




Stephen had to go get a physical on Wednesday of this week. He participates in a Special Olympic Field Day each year. It is not a sanctioned event, they don't get medals, it is kind of more for fun. The kids do get ribbons though. Stephen always has a good time at them. (Plus he and the other kids in the ADAPT program get to get out of school for most of the day and his classmates in the main classroom have to stay at school and work. After they get back, they get to show the other kids their ribbons and then play games till school is out.) I will try to get some pictures up here after this year's event, but it is not till 5/5 so it will be awhile yet. Anyway, I guessed before we went to the physical that he weighed 63 lbs.and was 4 1/2 feet tall. Well, when they weighed and measured him, he weighed 63 lbs. and was actually 4' 7 1/4" tall. Not bad for guesses, huh? Stephen was amazed that I got so close. What can I say, I guess I know my boy. The doctor was the master of the understatement. She said "wow, he is tall for his age." Gee, you think? At 9 1/2 years of age, 4' 7 1/4" tall is quite tall. He only has just a hair over a foot left (at 9 1/2) to catch up to me. YIKES!!!! He told me when he was younger that he was going to be as tall as his Uncle Brian (6' 4") and his Uncle Tom (6' 7"). At this rate, I think he could very well make it. Other than that his weight is normal and he is healthy. Yea!! He got a very clean bill of health to participate in his S.O. field day. The good thing about this event is that his physical is good for three years so we are good to go for awhile now.

(The picture is Stephen and T-Bone at Easter this year.)

No comments: